Alan's Forex Blog

Alan's Forex Blog


Alpari UK is offering MetaTrader 5 demo accounts

Posted: 22 Jun 2010 11:12 PM PDT


Hi everyone. I’m willing to bet that by now you’ve probably already heard about MetaQuote’s new MetaTrader 5 trading platform. As you can tell by the name MetaTrader 5 is going to be the successor to the veteran MetaTrader 4 platform that so many traders already use, including yours truly.

MetaTrader 5 was scheduled for release June of 2010, and seeing as we’re already in June brokers are getting ready to launch their MetaTrader 5 (MT5) offerings. I’m not 100% sure about this but it appears the first forex broker to offer MT5 demo accounts is Alpari UK.

Some of the advantages of MT5 are:

  • Higher performance and outstanding speed
  • New order types: Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit
  • Aggregation of open positions
  • Advanced built-in reporting on all trading activities
  • MQL5 – an object oriented language native to MT5 allowing greater flexibility in creating EAs

If you want to give Alpari UK’s MT5 demo platform a try you can do so by visiting the Alpari UK homepage.

*Note: I am in no way endorsing Alpari UK or their products/services. I should however disclose that I do have a live account with them and I found out about their MT5 demo acccounts from them directly via e-mail.*

I’ve got myself a copy too and I intend to play around with it this weekend. The first order of business for me will be to see that I convert some of my favorite EAs to the MT5 platform. Hopefully now we will see more EAs being ported over or being released specifically for this platform.

If you have any FREE MT5 EAs you’d like to share please start a thread in the following section of my Forex Nirvana forum:

http://www.forexnirvana.com/f66/

Ok, I think that about does it for this post.

Cheers everyone!

Alan

Share and Enjoy: Print Digg Sphinn del.icio.us Facebook Mixx Google Bookmarks Blogplay Add to favorites PDF RSS Twitter email LinkedIn MySpace Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment