Alan's Forex Blog

Alan's Forex Blog


Forex Roboteer Forum

Posted: 28 May 2010 07:56 AM PDT


Greetings everyone!

I’ve got some news to report here. I’ve decided to re-open the old RangeTrader forum and rechristen it as the Forex Roboteer Forum to reflect the fact that RangeTrader has now morphed into Forex Roboteer. RangeTrader? Forex Roboteer? If you’re confused, don’t worry as I’ll clear things up for you.

Basically the story goes something like this. A while back when I was a forex newbie I came across RangeTrader on a forum thread somewhere and after doing some investigation I decided to buy it. In fact I think RangeTrader was the first commercial fore robot that I’ve purchased. After buying it I happen to do a search on Google to see if there was some sort of support forum where I can chat with other RangeTrader owners. I did manage to find one (and it was the only one) but the drawbacks of that forum were numerous. First off the layout was poorly organized and it used some free web hosting very basic forum software that I did not like at all. So I got together with the creator of that forum and we setup a spiffy new forum using the latest and greatest forum software package available at the time. And thus the RangeTrader forum was born.

As time went on the RangeTrader community grew nicely and everyone was making money with that peppy little forex robot – including me! I took a puny “test account” from $250 to way over the $1000 mark in a few months, and I did it with the lowest risk setting possible. What was happening at the time is that the Euro was in that massive uptrend that eventually hit 1.60 – remember that? – and RangeTrader was kicking ass.

Sadly though as the uptrend hit a brick wall and the market started getting choppy RangeTrader started to flounder and many people lost faith in it and moved on to other things. That’s when the RangeTrader forum started to decline. All great things must come to an end I suppose. I met a lot of similarly minded people by administering that forum and it was an enjoyable experience.

By the time everyone ditched RangeTrader, Peter Parson came out with a new forex robot called Forex Roboteer. What set Forex Roboteer apart from RangeTrader is that Forex Roboteer was designed to automatically download settings optimized for the current market conditions. However, to have access to the optimized settings you have to pay a monthly fee.

When RangeTrader started getting its but kicked by the market I too decided to ditch it and move on to other things. By the time Peter released Forex Roboteer I was too busy with other things to give it a second look. But I’m thinking now may be the perfect time to give it another try. I recently came across Peter’s live account performance statement on MT4Stats, and to me it looks pretty good thus far. Check it out here:

http://roboteer.mt4stats.com/

If Forex Roboteer really starts to gather support I can definitely see a return to the old days when the RangeTrader forum was blazing with activity.

So if you already own a copy of Forex Roboteer please drop on by the Forex Roboteer Forum over here:

http://www.forexroboteerforum.com

If you’ve never heard of Forex Roboteer I’d recommend you visit its homeapage over here:

http://www.forexroboteer.com

Cheers, and see you on the forum side!

Alan

Share and Enjoy: Print Digg Sphinn del.icio.us Facebook Mixx Google Bookmarks Blogplay Add to favorites PDF RSS Twitter email LinkedIn MySpace Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment